OFR, Inc. (Optics for Research)
OFR was established in 1976 to manufacture and market precision optical components and instruments for use in university, government and medical research, the military, research and development, and other industrial applications.
In 1985, OFR developed the first optical isolator in the United States. OFR then entered into a new market and today manufactures more isolator models than any other producer in the world. Isolators led OFR into the fiber optics market, and, today, OFR is a major supplier of specialized fiber-optic devices and components for the R&D and OEM markets.
Since its inception, OFR has earned a reputation as a reliable manufacturer of superior quality, precision optical components, isolators, and fiber-optic "building-block" components.
Meet OFR technical sales and engineers at major shows and conferences, such as Photonics West, OFC, CLEO , and at numerous international shows. See OFR products at www.ofr.com and request our widely distributed catalog.
"OFR...Scientists and engineers making photonic products for scientists and engineers worldwide"
OFR Firsts and Patents:
- Wideband Tunable Isolator for Visible
- Wideband Tunable Isolator for Near-IR
- Tunable, Pigtailed Isolator
- "Aspirin Tablet" Micro Isolator
- COx Laser Isolator
- Ti:Sapphire Isolator
- "Grain-of-Rice" Micro-Isolator
- HoYAG Isolator
- Near-UV Isolator
- 980 nm Isolator
- Mini-package VIS, NIR designs
- Utility Grade (economically-priced) designs
- Tunable IR designs
- Deep-UV Isolator
- Faraday Rotators using a Movable Optical Element
- Optical Isolator employing a Ge-As-Se Composition
- Magnetic Configuration for Faraday Rotators
- Optical Isolators employing Oppositely Signed Materials
- Optical Isolators employing Wavelength Tuning
- Optical Circulator having Simplified Construction
- Optical Isolator employing Cd-Zn-Te Composition
- Devices for holding optical components fixed positions
- US Patent 4,804,256
- US Patent 4,840,464
- US Patent 4,856,878
- US Patent 5,087,984
- US Patent 5,111,330
- US Patent 5,212,586
- US Patent 5,790,299
- US Patent 6,061,190